cameron kopps
He, Him, His
Civilians
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Angel Grove
Danni
She, Her, Hers - Pacific - Offline

Now that prom was over, it was time to forget the suits and overpriced tickets and get back to reality. Cameron had ended up spending three paychecks for his date's special night just to sit and eat finger foods. She 'wasn't the dancing type' and insisted that her feet hurt way too much to go out on the floor. Why buy shoes she wasn't able to dance in? Why insist that if she bought them, she had to wear them even though literally every other girl had ditched their own shoes within 15 minutes.

At least the only suit Cam had to worry about for a good long while was the one he had to put on at the restaurant for work. For now, Cam was going to forget the prom drama. He was meeting Ryan at the park after school. His mom was going to handle child pickup for the day so that Cameron could actually have a life outside sibling care. Though his best friend was the football guy, Cameron often agreed to simply throw the ball back and forth. It was nice, even if he tried to convince himself he couldn't afford the time.

Cameron locked his car behind him and found his way out into the grassy field, tossing his backpack onto the ground and following into the shade shortly after to wait for Ryan. It was a good break. No children to keep from dying in a fiery demise or a 14-year-old to keep in check.

@Ryan Reese
PMEmail
^
ryan reese
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 08:41 PM
ryan reese
He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka
She, Her, Hers - MST - Offline

Oh prom. One of the highlights of his high school career thus far. Unlike his poor friend Cameron, Ryan had a blast at prom. He’d gone with a hot girl, they looked hot together, they looked hot dancing, they still looked hot when they were slightly intoxicated later on…oh, and of course he got laid. That was what prom was all about, wasn’t it? Okay, probably not, but Ryan liked to think so. Then again, he didn’t always make the best life choices. It was fine.

Apparently there had been all sorts of drama going down during prom weekend though. At least, that was what Ryan had been hearing. Apparently Alice (one of the most popular girls in school whom Ryan had actually thought was pretty cool) cheated on her boyfriend, Chaz. Now Chaz and Ryan weren’t best buddies by any means - Chaz was a little too much of a tool for Ryan to like that much, but they were friends. He was a bro. Most days. Still, the poor guy seemed pretty shook up about the whole thing. Ryan would be too if his girlfriend did something like that - it was so unexpected too. See, this is exactly why he didn’t have a girlfriend.

He was rather curious to see what Cameron had to say about it all. His normally-busy friend actually had a free afternoon to hang out. It was a nice change, considering he felt like Cam was always on the go. He supposed that’s what happened when you had such a big family. Obviously Ryan wouldn’t know from personal experience. It was kind of a bummer, sometimes. One sibling would have been nice. Then maybe his father wouldn’t be breathing down his neck all of the time.

Letting out a sigh, he hopped out of his car towards the field where he was supposed to meet up with his friend, football in hand. Sure enough, Cameron was already there waiting. Not everyone ran on Ryan Standard Time, apparently. In Ryan’s defense though, he was only a couple of minutes late. ”Hey Cam, think fast!” Ryan called out once he was about thirty yard away, pulling his arm back and throwing the ball in Cameron’s direction.

@cameron kopps
PM
^
cameron kopps
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 12:25 AM
cameron kopps
He, Him, His
Civilians
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Angel Grove
Danni

In all honesty, Cameron didn't even notice the few minutes behind that Ryan was running behind. He just naturally assumed he was early. Because there was no such thing as 'on time' in his house. Must have been nice to run on one's own clock, Cameron often mused to himself when he was actually able to take a moment to breathe.

His friend's voice had Cameron snapping to attention, just in time to see Ryan thrown the football in his direction. A grin spread across his face as he caught the ball firmly in his grasp. "'Eyyy, think I'm getting pretty good at this. Beginning to think I could do the whole football thing. Drop soccer. That'd be fine, right?" Cameron threw the ball back to Ryan with average accuracy and some fairly good power. The fact was that he started out unable to even get the ball to the other boy, back in middle school. By this point, Cam had a pretty good grasp on technique thanks to Ryan. Growing up best buds with a football star had paid off.

"So how was prom?" As if Cameron had to ask. Knowing Ryan, he had one of the it-girls on his arm for a notoriously risque night. What it must have been like. If Cam had done half of what some of the other soccer and football players had told him about that night, the teenager would have been flat out murdered by his mom.

Besides the parental repercussions, that was what made Ryan and Cameron work as a friendship. Ryan was free to do the wild and crazy things and Cameron was there for moral support and occasional backtracking to make sure no one got arrested or murdered. But that was a little bit of an exaggeration. In reality, Ryan was one of Cam's friends that Cameron could not be the mom-friend to. Not that it would do any good to try but it wasn't necessary. It was a good balance.
PMEmail
^
ryan reese
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 01:47 AM
ryan reese
He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka

Ryan chuckled as Cameron suggested he could drop soccer and start playing football instead. ”That’s only what I’ve spent the last like five years or so trying to tell you. Football is where it’s at. The ladies love a football man,” he joked. Cameron loved soccer, he was a great soccer player, but Ryan had always wished he would have played football instead. It would have been really awesome for them to have been playing on the field together.

He caught the football Cameron threw back to him, barely having to think twice about doing so - the motions had become as natural to him as breathing. ”It’s not too late, ya know? We have one year of school left and I just so happen to be on pretty good terms with the head coach. You could join up, we could just have you become the starting quarterback. It’s fine,” he suggested.

He tossed the football back again, keeping the throw fairly on the leisurely side. He was just getting warmed up after all, it would be a real shame to pull a muscle or something. Not that football was going on right now, but his dad would sure have a right freakout if he were to get hurt regardless of what season it was. It made sense though, he was going to need to be at the top of his game for next fall. Senior year was the most important year as far as the college scouts were concerned.

A smirk crossed his features as Cameron asked him about prom. ”Oh shit, it was awesome! Pretty much anything you could want out of a prom night I would say,” he said, reflecting fondly on the memory. ”I’d maybe get with Emily another time or two,” he added thoughtfully. He wasn’t about to be getting into any relationships any time soon though, not a chance!

”What about you dude? Your date was looking pretty hot. Your night must have been just as good as mine, yeah?” he questioned. Poor Cameron was always so busy taking care of his siblings and doing all of the other things his dad should be here doing. Ryan really hoped he at least was able to have a fun weekend. The poor guy deserved it.

PM
^
cameron kopps
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 10:20 PM
cameron kopps
He, Him, His
Civilians
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Angel Grove
Danni

Hmmm, the ladies dig it, huh? In that case, sign me up," Cameron hummed with a lopsided grin. This wasn't a new discussion. Do it for the girls, do it for the cool factor, because it was fun. There weren't many angles that weren't played. Cameron had just found a good spot in soccer. Where he didn't have to wear bulky armor or helmets to purposely bash into people. Really, he was fine not doing the constant stops and restarts of the American sport. Not that playing alongside Ryan on the field wasn't extremely tempting...Especially back in middle school when he really would have had the best chance at getting into it. Then again in Freshman year. But soccer just felt like it was much more fun and eventually Cameron got really good at it.

Cameron was thankful for Ryan as a best friend. The persistence was comforting. With how busy Cameron was most days, he didn't have that many close friends. Ryan was the one who'd stuck through the longest and it meant a lot. Not that any of that chick flick stuff would every be vocalized. But still, it was good to have a bro. "It's fine. Who needs a quarterback that knows anything? That's overrated. Senior year is a great time to learn a new sport. I'll be a star by graduation," Cameron nodded. It was a great plan!

Ryan was smirking back at Cam and immediately the soccer player knew there wouldn't be any complaints. But, then, that was expected. Ryan was a man of few needs and had a hot date. What could have gone wrong? Cameron caught the football with ease and then gave a small applause by lightly 'clapping' on the back of his wrist. By now, Cameron wasn't even questioning Ryan's aversion to serious relationships.

With a good, solid throw, Cam passed the ball back to Ryan. His chuckle was a little more bitter than his friend's. "Ah, probably not as awesome. She was hot, I was not too bad. But I couldn't even get her on the dancefloor," Cameron shook his head, "dinner was good, though." And by that, Cameron meant the restaurant that he worked at. Not that Jennifer knew that bit of trivia but Cameron had told Ryan about that a while back about his plan. Like how he had arranged to get the dinner taken out of his paycheck ahead of time. It was a pretty sweet setup but...it was lost on her. It was the only luxury dining establishment in Angel Grove but the novelty wore off very fast. Cameron didn't even understand how considering the fact that it was the only meal he'd had from the place since starting his job. Well, one that wasn't in a takeout box that was soon pillaged by a horde of children...
PMEmail
^
ryan reese
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 09:16 PM
ryan reese
He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka

Ryan knew the odds of getting Cameron to join the football team were probably less than the odds of him winning the lottery, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to try. Besides, it always was fun to talk about - even if it was in jest. The two of them would likely be a formidable pair on the football field together. Hell, anytime they had been on teams together in gym class over the years they had been almost unstoppable. He was used to always getting what he wanted. He had accepted long ago that this would be one thing he probably wasn’t going to get.

”That’s the kind of thinking I like to hear! They probably won’t even offer you any scholarships. You’ll be so good, they’ll want to draft you right into the NFL. Just make sure you put in a good word or two for you pal Ryan who believed in you when no one else did,” he teased. ”You’ll break all sorts of records. Maybe I’ll just give up on the football dream and just become your agent. That could work,” he said, waving his hand in the air dramatically as he envisioned this future.

He was so lost in his thoughts, he almost missed Cameron throwing the ball at him. The football was spiraling right towards his head and it appeared as if it were going to knock him down a peg or two. At the last moment, Ryan’s hands shot up, catching the football. Had catching a football not practically been a natural reflex to him at this point, he probably would have been hit right in the face. ”Damn, you are getting really good at this,” he told Cameron. Of course he refused to think that it was because he had been in outer space.

A questioning eyebrow shot up as Cameron told him that his night hadn’t gone the way Ryan’s had. ”Just because she wouldn’t go dance with you doesn’t mean she wouldn’t…or did you guys really not do anything like that? If that’s the case, I really am sorry,” he said, frowning. Actually, he was kind of angry for Cameron. How dare that bitch not appreciate the effort Cameron had put into having a good night! The least she could have done was give him a little action - or, you know, danced with him. Was that so much to ask for? ”I am offended for you! That dinner thing was a smooth move. You had me wishing I suddenly had a job at a restaurant! Ah hell… Well, I promise you I will help you find a homecoming date next fall that doesn’t suck,” he vowed.

”But hey, it could have been worse. I’m sure you’ve heard all about what went down with your cousin and Chaz, right? Like no offense, I know she’s your family but…that was messed up. Not even that meathead deserved to be treated like that,” Ryan said, shaking his head.

PM
^
cameron kopps
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 12:32 AM
cameron kopps
He, Him, His
Civilians
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Angel Grove
Danni

"See? It's perfect! You become my agent! Then I can learn things, get signed on, make Hall of Fame and then I'm pretty sure I could pull some strings and you can have pick of whatever team you want. Agent-turned-player? I think yes," Cameron grinned as he looked out into the distance that was the near future.
Cameron watched as the ball got closer and closer to Ryan's face. He was going to call Ryan's name to break him out of the trance but the real football player was too good at what he did. "Am I getting good or are you just already pitching my amazing skills by downplaying the competition?" In reality, Cameron probably should have said something before he threw the ball back. Ryan was pretty distracted.

Ryan's sentiment was not at all lost. Cameron gave a crooked, tightlipped smile and shrugged, "nah, dude. Believe me, there was no interest whatsoever." The main priority wasn't getting some. It was really more about actually having a fun night and if something else happened, Cam wasn't about to complain.  "She sat and gossiped with her friends the whole night. Then proceeded to tweet about it the whole ride home." It was less than eventful, in many ways. But really, Cam would have just settled for a a little bit of fun at prom. Heck, he probably should've stolen his cousin from her date for a bit. Heaven knew Alice probably wouldn't have minded a few minutes break from the Chaz. "Accepted. Apparently my judgement is severely lacking. Also, you know, I can always say something. You get to wear a suit and impress all the well-tipping ladies," Cameron the offer out again. The sentiment was about the same as the football thing. Ever since getting his job at the restaraunt, Cameron was pretty sure Ryan could get hired on as well. They'd make a pretty good team at the restaraunt and said older rich ladies tipped the nice young men very well.

Cameron was about ready to laugh at the idea of someone's night being able to possibly be worse than his prom experience. Except when he caught the subject. His eyes narrowed with concern and a bit of suspicion, one eyebrow quirked. He was waiting for the punchline. "Uhhh, no. What about Alice now?" Had they broken up? Was it messy? What was messed up? Cameron really didn't like the tone.
PMEmail
^
ryan reese
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 10:15 PM
ryan reese
He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka

Were he actually able to team up with Cameron for something like that in the future, it would most definitely be a dream come true. Deep down, Ryan knew that probably wouldn’t happen. Their goals and dreams for the future were different and would end up taking them different ways most likely. He would still stay friends with Cameron though. The guy had been his first friend when he moved to Angel Grove all those years ago. You couldn’t forget something like that.

He laughed at Cameron’s comment about him good. ”I’m just going to leave that one open to your interpretation, alright?” he joked. Dodging questions, another one of Ryan’s many talents. If the football thing didn’t work out he would probably make a great politician. He wasn’t sure his grades were good enough for something like that but man was he good at talking to people and saying the right things!

”Really? Not at all? Are you sure you aren’t into dudes then? You know you can tell me if you are, I’m cool with that. I could help you pick up dudes instead of girls,” Ryan joked. He knew this wasn’t really the case. Cameron was just a classier fella with actual standards. Ryan thought such a thing to be a boring way to live life - at least, for him it would be. It seemed to suit Cameron and that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing at all. ”Now that you mention it though, I’m pretty sure I did read those tweets. She didn’t have anything bad to say about you. At least…not bad enough that she felt the urge to tweet about it,” he mused.

Working wasn’t something Ryan had really done a lot of. His parents were fairly well off and his father felt that it was more important for him to be focusing on football rather than worry about a job. That didn’t mean Ryan didn’t work. He actually worked for the city’s little league division refereeing games - football, basketball, baseball, he did it all. Sports, in general, was something he knew well and it wasn’t like it was a difficult job. It wasn’t a high paying job with a lot of hours by any means but that worked just fine with Ryan. He was fortunate enough to have his parents willing to pay for everything for the most part. ”As tempting as that is I think I’ll have to pass. I’m not sure I’m ready to grow up and get a real job yet. I’ll stick with reffing the little heathens for now,” he laughed.

Ryan seemed to freeze for a moment at Cameron’s reaction to his comment about Alice. ”You really haven’t heard?” he asked. He thought the news had been spreading like wildfire and, considering Alice was his cousin and all, Ryan would have thought for sure Cameron had heard what went down. ”Shit. You really haven’t? Well, apparently Chaz caught Alice in bed with another guy on prom night. It was a huge mess and um…yeah they’re broken up now. He seemed pretty upset about it. I wouldn’t have pegged Alice for being that type but…yeah. Like I said, Chaz is kind of an idiot but I feel for the dude. That’s messed up,” he explained. Someone had to let Cameron know what was going on. Apparently Ryan was the lucky one to tell him the news.

PM
^
cameron kopps
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 10:49 PM
cameron kopps
He, Him, His
Civilians
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Angel Grove
Danni

"Hey, hey, hey, I didn't say I wasn't interested. She was the one who wouldn't give me the time of day. I feel pretty used, to be honest," Cam waved his arms in front of him in a 'no' fashion. "While I appreciate the sentiment, no need to roll out the acceptance wagon. Girls will work just fine," Cameron added with a laugh. Because he was, indeed, into girls, Ryan sending dudes Cameron's way would just result in more rejection. Because then it would be mutual disinterest and it would be all bad. "Nothing bad? At all? She didn't even have enough opinion of me to tweet about one bad thing about the night. I"ll just have to live with the mystery forever," Cameron replied with an extra dose of drama. While the dude really didn't care that much about his date, there was still going to be a trace of curiosity.

Well, Cam had to at least try. He honestly was expecting as much. But who could blame a guy for hoping his best friend would take an opportunity to have one of the best entry-level gigs in the city? Still, Cam understood. Ryan didn't have take the job. So why do it? If Cameron could focus solely on school and family with a clear conscience, he would do it. Unfortunately, that wasn't a luxury that Cam had. It was a miracle that he was able to afford the modest Toyota that he could drive around town. "Oh yeah. My future," Cameron laughed. He was supposed to be taking on soccer referee jobs next city league season. The great thing about that gig was that he could choose what games he wanted to help with. It was pretty great. "I just have to make sure they don't die, right? No trials by fire?"

Cameron was often the last to catch anything in the gossip stream. Even for one of the starting players, Cam liked to keep his head down. He just liked playing. The whole popularity contest and all that was fine for the other guys but Cam was not about that drama life. But apparently, it would have been beneficial to at least put a toe in. "No, I really haven't," Cam confirmed. Then he heard the story. Cameron looked like Ryan had just explained everything in Archaic Latin. This had to be one of those stupid little rumors that surfaced occasionally. After Alice looked away from The Chaz for one moment, the man-diva probably threw a hissy fit. "Wait, wait, wait. We're talking about the same Alice, right?" The soccer player put a hand out around his chest level and then lowered it even slightly more than that, "stands about yay high. Once put chewed bubblegum on your lunchbox because you wouldn't share your fruit snacks, Alice?" Cameron inquired.

There was no way his cousin had cheated. Her mother would probably have an embolism if she found out that Chaz and Alice had broken up. Alice wasn't like that. She would have sooner chewed off her own left arm to get out of the relationship. "She's not that type. Chaz is a douchebag," Cameron corrected his friend with sound confidence.
PMEmail
^
ryan reese
 Posted: Jul 28 2017, 01:27 AM
ryan reese
He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka

”Used is a harsh word,” Ryan said, attempting to reassure his friend. Of course, ‘used’ was probably the perfect word to describe the situation. Ryan, unfortunately, knew a thing or two about using people. To be fair, even he had been used by girls once or twice (though he was generally pretty okay with it). Cameron’s prom date had been a bust. It was very tragic. The football player held his hands up in defense. ”Alright, alright. Girls it is. I was just trying to be accepting. But yes…I guess we never really will know what whatsherface thought of you. Like I said, I will make sure homecoming goes better for you,’” he vowed.

There were a few cheerleaders that owed him a favor. Maybe he would get Cameron to take one of them to homecoming. Of course, he’d have to pick one that would go well with Cameron’s personality. That might be difficult. Not that there was anything wrong with Cameron but, well, the two of them were kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum. Obviously Cameron did not want to whore himself out. Ryan didn’t really get it, but he was sure he could find a girl who would value that.

Ryan shrugged his shoulders in response to Cam’s comment about the reffing job. ”Yeah, it’s pretty simple. Make sure they don’t beat the shit out of each other or die…all of that fun stuff. Of course, sometimes I like to let them rough each other up a little bit before I intervene. There’s something very entertaining about watching kids beat the shit out of each other…” he admitted. He fondly remembered a soccer game he had once been working where this girl who had to have been like 6 kept pushing down some boy on the opposite team. The boy had tried to push her back but each time she just made him eat dirt. It was hilarious. After they had gone back and forth a few times he had finally, reluctantly, told the girl she needed to be nice or she would be out of the game.

Needless to say, Cameron seemed pretty shocked to learn about what had gone down with his cousin. Ryan really would have thought Alice would have gone running to Cameron immediately. He rolled his eyes at the mention of the gum incident. ”She never did get me a new Superman lunchbox…but yes, that is the Alice I’m talking about. How many others do you know?” he asked.

His expression faltered slightly at Cameron’s instant denial that such a thing had occurred. Yikes. ”While you aren’t wrong about Chaz being a douchebag…a few of the cheerleaders have backed up the story. I mean, I thought the same thing too when I first heard but apparently it was one of the them that caught her and the other guy together? I don’t know for sure. I know it’s hard to accept but…I think it’s the truth,” he said carefully. Cameron was in shock. He didn’t want to believe it. That was a normal reaction. Ryan understood it. Unfortunately, he had to be the one to get Cameron to see the truth. How lovely.

PM
^
cameron kopps
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 03:08 AM
cameron kopps
He, Him, His
Civilians
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Angel Grove
Danni

"Ehhh, under normal circumstances, yeah. I'd agree." Was he a little salty? Yeah. But at least Ryan would know what he meant. The guy had been on both ends of being 'used' and not that Cameron was judging, but it just wasn't Cam's prerogative. Cam had stopped trying to morally level with Ryan a long time ago. "Deal. I'll leave homecoming in your capable hands," the soccer player confirmed, only half praying that he could find his own date for the dance that wouldn't end up with wasted money and effort.

Cameron couldn't help the string of laughter that followed Ryan's job description. That...sounded about right. It was horrible, to think about kids beating the living day lights out of each other. However, Cameron had younger siblings. He was used to fights and chaos. Basically, letting them 'rough each other up' was half of his home life. It was, admittedly, funny. "Ah, so, a job with free entertainment. Sweet." It sounded like a pretty good gig. Cameron was perfectly qualified for the job. High school student, soccer player, great references. It was going to be easy money, even if it cost him a few weekends.

Why hadn't Alice gone to Cameron immediately? How was he just catching this rumor? It was no surprise that Ryan was interweaved within all the school drama but Alice was the subject and didn't even want to talk to her cousin about it. They were practically siblings...It kind of hurt?

Assuming it was true.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute. We're talking the ultimate man whore in school. Backward hat-wearing Chaz. Douche to an embarrassing extreme...And you're taking his word and probably some of his flings, as the word of truth? I know my cousin and she isn't like that. Someone's lying to you, man." Needless to say, Cameron was a little more than disturbed by the news.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code
mini profile by Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

Forum Roleplay Shadowplay Topsites RPG Initiative Topsites