He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka
She, Her, Hers - MST - Offline

”Are you shitting me mom?!”

”Ryan Reese you had better watch your language or I will wash that smart mouth of yours out with soap!”

”Mom, relax! I’m seventeen! It’s fine!”

”I don’t give a sh-I don’t care how old you are, young man! I am the vice principal of this school and I will not have my son wandering around the halls with such a foul mouth!”

Ryan let out a sigh, throwing his hands up in surrender. There were some battles he had with his mother that he could win. This, however, was clearly not going to be one of them. The last thing he needed was to end up getting a detention or something. Being in school during the summer was bad enough as is and, more or less, was exactly why they were having this argument to begin with.

Vice Principal Reese offered her son a tight-lipped smile. ”Good. Now, we know math isn’t your strongest subject. That’s why you’re here in summer school to begin with. You know how important it is that you keep your grades up so you can get good scholarships when you go off to play college football. Therefore, Mr. Lawson will be tutoring you and you will NOT be giving him any grief. It’s very kind of him to agree to dedicate this time to helping you when he could be off doing other things during his summer vacation. Do I make myself clear?” she asked.

He resisted the urge to roll his eyes, knowing that would only get him smacked upside the head. ”Yes, mother,” he said.

”Good. Now why don’t you head on down to the library so you can meet with him for your first session? You don’t want to be late,” she suggested.

With a nod of his head, Ryan got up and made his way out of her office as quickly as possible. He loved his mother, truly he did, but she could be a real pain in the ass sometimes. Anyone who thought it was cool that his parents both worked at the high school should try dealing with them for a day. It was torture sometimes.

Spending his summer in school wasn’t what Ryan had planned for the summer prior to his senior year. Unfortunately, he just had to fail that math class. Now here he was, retaking it…with a tutor. He didn’t even know who this Benjamin Lawson kid really was. Sure he had seen him around before, the kid seemed to be pretty involved with a lot of things happening around the school…but he wasn’t someone Ryan had ever really bothered to talk to. He really hoped he wasn’t one of those freakishly annoying nerds.

Within a few minutes, the football player had entered the library. He glanced around at the tables, spotting Benjamin after a moment. At least he could recognize the guy’s face. If he was somewhat recognizable, that had to be a good thing…right? Well, Ryan was about to find out. He approached the table, keeping his expression neutral. ”Are you Ben Lawson? My mom sent me to see you…” he questioned. This was going to be a long summer…

@benjamin lawson
PM
^
*benjamin lawson
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 07:58 PM
benjamin lawson
He, Him, His
Inactive
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin'
Otter
They, Them, Theirs - EST - Offline

Benny had happily accepted to do a summer tutoring session. It was an opportunity to help a fellow student out. So, when the vice principal asked, it was a one hundred percent 'yes'. He totally jumped on the opportunity. He had the time, the place, and the student's name, Ryan Reese. The name was familiar to Benny. As to who exactly Ryan was Benny wasn't entirely sure. He knew his student was the son of the vice principal and he was in sports. Other than that Benny didn't know. That would change in a few minutes.

Benny sat at a table in the library waiting for his student. He had a textbook and some notes. The subject was math so it didn't really require a lot of materials. Math was pretty straightforward.

He quietly hummed to himself while he waited. It was simply a tuneless hum. He heard someone come in. He looked to see who it was. A boy came over. "Yes, I am," Benny stood up. "And you must be Ryan Reese. Nice to meet you." Benny offered his hand to Ryan. It was simple and polite gesture. Don't want to start out on the wrong foot.

"Shall we get started?" Benny motioned to the seats from Ryan to sit. "Why don't you tell what you know and don't know. We can move on from there." He will do his best to make as painless as possible.

@ryan reese

--------------------
Thank you Getter for the avatar
Tracker
PM
^
ryan reese
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 09:30 PM
ryan reese
He, Him, His
Green Ranger
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
Mighty Morphin
Brekka
She, Her, Hers - MST - Offline

Ryan took Benjamin’s hand, giving it a firm shake. ”Same to you. I’ve seen you around a lot before but I guess our paths have never had much reason to cross until now. Sorry my mom roped you into doing this,” he said, rolling his eyes. He hoped she hadn’t gotten crazy with talking the poor kid into tutoring him. Ryan knew his mother could be a little…much to deal with at times. Of course, he was also just bitter about the fact that she had decided he needed a tutor to begin with. Whatever. At least he would get his math class passed this summer, right?

”Um…I can call you Ben right? Or do you prefer like Benjamin or something?” he asked, running a hand through his hair. He had kind of just assumed that calling him ‘Ben’ would be fine but some people were weird about things like that. There was a girl in Ryan’s class that was named Elizabeth. She was that girl that always reminded the teacher to give everyone homework and things like that. Hell, she would even point it out to the teacher if you were texting in class. Really annoying. Anyway, if you called her anything but Elizabeth, she would get super offended. She was a huge nerd. Ryan was grateful his mother hadn’t asked her to be his tutor. He just hoped that Ben wasn’t crazy like that too.

He took a seat down at the table, letting out a sigh as he pulled his math book and notebook out of his backpack. ”Right so…this is Algebra II. I took it during the last school year. Obviously I failed, that’s why I’m here taking it in summer school. That’s why you’re here to help me…” he explained to Benjamin, trailing off. These were all probably things the other guy knew already.

”I kind of understand the first couple of chapters I guess? I don’t know, math in general just doesn’t really make sense to me. I’m…not so smart when it comes to this stuff. Just don’t go around telling anyone that, you know? I’ve got a reputation to uphold,” he warned. He really didn’t like to admit that he wasn’t good at things. Maybe that was why he was so angry with his mom for getting him a tutor. Now someone he went to school with knew that he wasn’t good at something. What if Benjamin told people? That would not be pleasant. He wasn’t really one for shoving people into lockers, but he could start if that happened.

@benjamin lawson
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by josh dun of shine, cc, wecode, and ctw. cfs by black @ code
mini profile by Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION

Forum Roleplay Shadowplay Topsites RPG Initiative Topsites